Wednesday 7 May 2008

End of module questionnaire.

1. Age?
20
2. Sex?
Male

3. What is your degree subject (both if joint)?
Tourism Management

4. Does ‘Being Bad’ relate well to the other modules you are taking?
No

5. If so, how? And if not, why not?
I’m doing a degree in tourism and this module has nothing to do with that.

6. Have you found ‘Being Bad’ too demanding, too easy, or at an appropriate level?
I’ve found this module to some degree demanding as I’ve found it hard to keep up with the blogs.

7. Do you think the list of topics covered on the module was appropriate?
Yes, I found lectures very interesting and informative.

8. Are there any topics not included in the module that you would like to see included?
No, I feel that the topics were okay.

9. Do you think that the format for classes has worked well?
Yes, I think the format for the classes were logical and I enjoyed listening to other peoples view about the module topics.

10. What did you think of the module team?
The module team were very helpful and interesting people. They offered help when needed.

11. Do you think it would have been better to have had more:
No

12. The approach taken in the module is interdisciplinary (drawing on perspectives from English Literature, Film Studies, Creative Writing, Philosophy, Religious Studies, Media Studies and Politics): do you think this a useful way of approaching the topics covered in the module?
Yes, I think this was a useful way which related to me more as a person in the way that I learn. Getting different perspectives have been very useful indeed.

13. Do you think that interdisciplinary modules are a good idea?
Yes they are.
14. Do you think you have benefited from the interdisciplinary approach taken in the module?
Yes I feel that I have and I hope it shines through my module grade.

15. Would you like to see more modules that cover this kind of subject matter?
Yes, would be nice.

16. Are you planning to take the follow-up module PH2004 ‘It Shouldn’t Be Allowed’ at level 2?
I might, I will look into the module on wolf and decide later.

17. Would you recommend ‘Being Bad’ to a friend?
Yes, it’s been a very interesting module to study and I will be making sure my friends know who are joining the university in September about this module.

18. Do you think that the blogs (web logs) were a good idea?
No, they take up too much time and I found it hard to post a blog each week.

19. What did you think of the other assessments (e.g. would it be better to have one longer assessment rather than two shorter ones?)?

I think it would be better to have one big essay at the end of the module rather than having two. To be honest it would take around the same time to write a bigger essay than two short ones.

20. What have you learned from the module?
I’ve learnt the reasons for why people behave badly and what drives people to doing thing that they perhaps shouldn’t. This module has touched on all topics critically which I think is good because we are all human and we do make mistakes.

21. What parts of the module have you found most useful and why?
This module has answered some personal questions of mine and has helped me understand why we behave the way we do as human beings. To be honest I’ve found none of the topics useful in the real world but have answered some questions that I’ve had for awhile. I registered for this module out of pure curiosity.

22. What parts do you think were a waste of time and why?
Being too religious I think was a waste of time as I fail to see that as being bad. We cannot suggest that being religious is behaving badly because it is someone belief. Nonetheless, I enjoyed this lecture but don’t see its relevance to the module.

23. Are there any other comments you wish to make regarding ‘Being Bad’?
I would just like to thank the team that helped me through my learning on this module and hope that this module will keep running so others can benefit like I did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home